Making Cloud SLAs readily usable in the EU private sector
Takeaways from Cloud FS Asia
The global conference series on Cloud for Financial Services focuses on breaking down the regulatory, security, strategic and technical barriers to cloud adoption. The last in the series was FS Cloud Asia, 23-24 February 2016 in Hong Kong.
Arthur van der Wees from Arthur's Legal was there for SLA-Ready, which is analysing cloud adoption in the financial services with a focus on best practices for service level agreements. Arthur moderated the Regulatory Panel, looking at the region's legislative environment, and the session on building a strong proof of concept based on a quality-proven partnership.
Overall, the event showed participants from financial services how to:
1. Build a business case based on the potential of the cloud through exemplar case studies.
2. Create a watertight Request For Proposal so they can find the right cloud solution providers to meet corporate governance structure.
3. Get to grips with crucial regulations to ensure the cloud service complies with related regulations.
4. Understand the major cyber-security threats to cloud and plan protection against future attacks accordingly.
5. Harness the power of cloud to shorten product development cycles to get new apps, products and services to market quicker.