Making Cloud SLAs readily usable in the EU private sector
SLA-Ready Workshop @ CloudForward 2016 in Madrid
SLA-Ready will take part to next Cloud Forward Conference in Madrid.
The conference will provide the scientific community a dedicated setting for presenting and discussing innovative technologies in the area of distributed computing as well as new technologies beyond clouds, ranging from architectures over methodologies to new applications and services. The Cloud Forward Conference 2016 will be held on 18-20 October in Madrid, Spain, at the Cìrculo de Bellas Artes.
The event will also host a dedicated SME event on 19 October. The event will investigate innovative technologies, promote business ideas and foster current game-changers arising on the market.
A part of this SME event will be the SLA-Ready workshop "Understanding cloud service level agreements":
- the workshop, starting from the SLA Common Reference Model, targets SMEs who have to sign a Cloud contract with a cloud service provider and cannot afford legal or security experts to guide them through these critical aspects. Informative and easy-to-follow guidelines take participants through the cloud service lifecycle, from signing the contract to terminating it with special attention to cloud service level agreements;
- Using real-world examples, the workshop looks at different types of services and stages in the cloud service lifecycle, offering an essential guide on complex legal and SLA terms, security and privacy levels.
When: 19 October 2016, 16:30-18:00
Where: Room: Ramon Gomez, Cìrculo de Bellas Artes, Madrid, Spain
CLICK HERE AND REGISTER TO THE CONFERENCE
16:30 - 18:00 Getting to grips with a Service Level Agreement and how SLA-Ready can help (Chair: Nick Ferguson, Trust-IT Services & SLA-Ready)
Cloud can offer many advantages to companies in terms of efficiency and cost savings. But what challenges do cloud customers face when taking a leap of faith and signing a cloud service level agreement? This opening presentation looks at real-life experiences of doing just this and provides and overview of how SLA-Ready services can help you make more-informed decisions.
- 16:30 – 16:45 Are you SLA-Ready? (Speaker: Nick Ferguson): This presentation looks at some of the challenges facing cloud customers and providers when it comes to cloud SLAs and provides a high-level overview of how the SLA-Ready project is providing services to really help cloud customers in identifying priorities, creating check-lists and make informed decisions when comparing cloud SLAs.
- 16:45 – 17:00 How the SLA-Ready Common Reference Model has created best practices and Priorities for Service Level Agreements (Speaker: Ruben Trapero, TUDA): Based on the collection of user requirements, the SLA-Ready project provide the SLA Common Reference Model. This presentation outlines the model and how it has been used to create both set of use cases and an SLA-Readiness Index which can help providers in assessing just how transparent and trustworthy their own SLA is.
- 17:00 – 17:15 Cloud contract and SLA Essentials. A Legal perspective (Janneke Breeuwsma, Arthur’s Legal): A journey through essential and strategic legal topics of Cloud Services and SLAs. Participants will come away from this session with a better understanding of the most important legal aspects of Cloud Services and related SLAs, and how to use Cloud Services and SLAs as an enabler. This presentation will outline some practical use cases from the legal perspective about customer-provider obligations, data protection, compliance and legal clauses when signing an SLA.
- 17:15 – 18:00 Panel discussion (Nick Ferguson)
- Frank Bennett, iCloud Ltd & Deputy Chair of Cloud Industry Forum - Indipendent cloud consultant
- Carlos Rubia Marcos, Wellness Telecom,S.L. & ENTICE Project - Provider Perspective
- George Suciu, Beia Consult & SWITCH Project - Customer & Provider perspective
- Pawel Skrzypek, 7Bulls - Provider perspective
- Janneke Breeuwsma, Arthur’s Legal - Legal perspective
- Ruben Trapero, TUDA - SLA Common Reference Model perspective
18:00 Workshop close & Consultation with workshop speakers